The interregional public organisation the Association of Automotive Engineers (AAE) is an independent public organisation. It is created and works according to the Civil Code of the Russian Federation, the Federal Law “On public associations” and the adopted Charter.
The AAE was formed in September, 1991. The reasonability of such unit was determined by the change of the management structure of the decentralized national economy in general and by the automotive industry, in particular. The functions of industry institutes performing on a centralized basis scientific and technical promotion and information support of specialists of an industry were weakened or lost. The activities of different level of scientific and technical councils of the industry, conferences where specialists had opportunity to communicate with each other were almost stopped.
Well-known specialists of automotive industry and transport initiated the creation of the AAE.
October, 1990, a foundation conference took place. Thirty representatives of different organisations, including automotive plants, research institutes, higher education establishments and etc. discussed the Charter of the Association, selected its Board and the President.
September 25, the AAE was registered in the Department of Justice of the USSR as the all-union public organization. In 1992, the AAE became a member of the International Federation of Automotive Engineering Societies – FISITA (Now AAE is the member of the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Russian Federation (CCI RF) and the member of the European Automobile Engineers Cooperation (EAEC). September 30, 1993, the Association was re-registered in the Department of Justice of the Russian Federation (certificate No.1922). The AAE was re-registered in 1999, according to the Federal Law “On public associations”, accepted in 1995. The Association of Automotive Engineers has the status of the Interregional public organization (certificate No.1922/3429 dated July 20, 1999).